Cordova is a framework of APIs that allows you to package code used usually for websites into a downloadable, independent smart phone app.
Because Cordova apps use these web based technologies, it is often easier again to link these apps directly to your websites database. When a websites information is updated, so too is the apps. This being said, because the app is its own individual program, you do not need an internet connection to use it as you would a website.
Some examples of Apps built with Cordova
- BBC Olympics
- Logitech Squeeze Box Controller
- Notting Hill Carnival official app
- Official I Love New York mobile guide
- UK Parliament
See more examples on PhoneGap.com's App showcase page.
What you can do with a Cordova App
- Access the phones own hardware - camera, GPS, accelerometer, internet connection, etc
- Make use of the phones native features, such as the image gallery and push notifications
- Downloads straight from the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace
- Connects straight to your existing website to sync data and information
- Style exactly how you need, reflecting your branding!
Radian Web specialises in making affordable iPhone Apps using Cordvoa. Check out our iPhone and iPad App page for more information or call 07 3102 3149 for a free quote.